I used the Zenith builder's manual to get
the measurements of where to cut the
All the lines are drawn on all sides.
Ready to cut. I decided to use a Dremel with
a cut off wheel to cut it out. It might be
more work than sheers, but it provides a
much nicer edge.
Taking a break from the baffles, I clecoed
the glareshield panel down just to see what
it looks like. I sure like it-I wish the
wiring was complete.
Here's the baffles after cutting it out with
After lots of filing and sanding, the right
side is done. I'd really like to paint these
but I'd have to buy paint and figure out how
to spray the base/clear, etc... They would
look great painted but it will just hold up
the project. Once I run the ignition wires
through the hole, I can not remove the
baffles later for painting. So it's paint
them now, or never.
They do fit nicely.
I was able to install the muffler today too.
I used anti-sieze goop on the pipes where
they enter the muffler as shown on the