So far today we are getting a lot done on
the Left wing. It is so much faster when two
people are working instead of just one.
First thing we did was match drill the spar
Then we clecoed all the ribs together.
Make sure you pay attention to the aft ribs.
Some of them have holes for the flaperon
brackets and need to go in a certain
location. We clecoed it together and
realized later (before we drilled anything)
that two of them were in the wrong spot.
Fabricated this little doubler.
Ready for the skins.
Wing is now upside down and the skins are
We've started drilling all the holes in the
spar. Again, it's so much faster with two
people. This is were we realized two of the
aft ribs were in the wrong location and
switched them out.
After lunch we drilled the front skins to
Then we added the top skins and dilled all
Done. Next is the leading edge skins and
then the skin stiffeners and then this wing
will be ready to debur, prime, and rivet.
We've been in the garage all day. We decided
it would be a good a idea to call it a day
and head to Red Lobster!