The inside of the fuse is 100% done and
ready for primer and paint. There was a hole
(red arrow) that has nothing attached to it
and I can't find any reason for this hole in
The two other holes (green
arrows) I drilled for a plate I made to
stiffen this area up, and fill that hole.
Here is the little plate I made.
Installed. This closes up the open hole and
makes this area a lot stiffer.
I made two other parts also-they are for the
fuel attach points on the upper fuse.
Here the are installed. This area is rather
flimsy and I wanted it a little stiffer
where the two fuel elbows exit the fuse.
The stiffener solves two issues. The
first is that the skin is too thin for the
elbows which means I have to use two large
washers on the outside. So I needed this
area thicker anyway. The second issue it
solves is stiffening up the area.
Three rivets on the outside are used to
mount the plate.
It will take a day of masking off the areas
I don't want primer and paint, but the
inside is now ready for painting.
It's going to be really nice to have the
inside 100% done. After the inside is
painted I could probably install the
windows, but I'll wait until after the wings
are mounted as I think I may need to reach
through the windows.
I'll be able to start thinking about
seats too since they could be installed. The
UL Power 350iS engine should be here in the
next couple of weeks and the plane is ready
to accept the engine. Then on to the panel!