LEARN | BUILD | FLY
I've been putting off fitting the steel cage for a week now because I wasn't sure exactly how I wanted to go about it. With nothing else to do, today was time to get this done.
First I cut a paper template to get the correct angle. It took me 3 tries to get it perfect.
Here you can see the angle fits perfectly.
I held the paper parallel to the top of the tube, and then traced the angle...
Once I had a line on the steel...
I cut it with my Dremel. I was going to go buy a larger cutter but I figured I'd see how the Dremel worked first. I'm glad I saved the money because it worked perfectly.
Here is the first cut.
After cutting all four corners and trimming as needed, IT'S ON!!!
Now it's looking like an airplane!
Firewall is set in place.
Really looking nice.
The angle looks good too!
The holes along the side are drilled.
I'm not sure what I would do if my garage roof was 1" lower! There's not much room to spare here.