This part will still need adjusted once the
engine is installed and weight is on the
nose. There's a washer that goes between the
top nut and the felt piece, and that washer
disappeared somehow. I'll have to search the
This white piece was just installed today. I
took it to get powder coated yesterday and
picked it up today.
I also bolted the bottom nose strut piece to
the bottom of the fuse.
Here's the underside.
I ordered this rubberized non-skid material
from Amazon. I cut it to shape and stuck it
in place as it comes with a sticky back.
It's basically one big sticker. Since it's
the rubber type, it's not the rough
sandpaper like anti-skid tape that you might
see on concrete stairs.
Here's a link if you want to buy it. You
will need two pieces at $6.95 each.
Next I started finishing up the torque tube
install. Here the bellcrank is installed.
This is the front end. The collar will come
back off for some primer and it will all be
greased up before I re-install the bolt and