I finally marked the main gear for the
locations that will need ground out for the
mounting bolts. I don't have a grinder bit
yet so that will have to wait.
The fork I built on September 15, 2016
(visit log page) but today I drilled the
large holes on the bottom for the axle.
I used a step drill and the holes came out
perfectly. I wanted to put the wheel on just
to check the fit but the bearings won't go
over the threads on the axle. I'm guessing I
might need to get a sanding block and go
over the threads to knock down high spots.
Here is the main wheel ready to go. At some
point, I'd like to paint the aluminum wheel
I did this part yesterday, but I poured into
the main steel cage some of this ACF-50
I poured the spray in the tubes and then
rotated the whole cage until the tube was
coated. Then I let it sit in each direction
for a while until the extra ran out the
bottom and soaked into the rags.
The cage is now ready to install but I
want to wait until I have a second pair of
hands so that I can install it without
scratching the painted inside of the fuse.